Monday, December 10, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

I have a goal to update this every day this week. Lofty and huge I know, but I will attempt and try to do my best.

I really wanted some pumpkin something for breakfast yesterday and started searching. I came across this recipe and decided that with all the good reviews it got that it might be worth a try. This recipe has been cross posted all over different blogs and here it is again on mine.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2012/09/07/pumpkin-doughnuts-baked-to-perfection/

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a heaping 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Just mix it all up in a bowl and then since I made these into muffins, they fit into a standard 12 cup muffin pan. Baked for 30 minutes at 350F.

Once done, I made a glaze to go over them, figured, hell, its a donut kinda right?

2 cups powdered sugar
1 tabl butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teas vanilla

Just mix it all up in a bowl and make sure its thick and then spoon over warm muffins. Will set in about 15 minutes or so. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment