Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Peppermint Mocha's

I bet ya'll thought I wasn't going to post today seeing as it's ohhhhh 8pm and everything. Oh what forgoing dishes in the sink, the mopping of the floors, and putting away the laundry that has been patiently waiting since yesterday night for sitting on the couch with the husband, a drink, and a cute sleeping baby will do to a person. Be lazy? What? Noooo not at all!

Anywho there are two ways to make these; the alcoholic way or the non alcoholic way. I suggest if you want to do it the alcoholic way you get a bottle of peppermint schnapps. If you want to go the non alcoholic way then I would buy a bottle of peppermint syrup. Which, ironically, can be easily found at Liquor Barn here in town. (ha!)

I can't give you recipe specifics as there are about 15 different size coffee mugs out there so I will tell you how to eyeball this.

1.) Brew some STRONG coffee. Like I'm talking 1.5 scoops to every cup. Don't use cheap coffee either, I mean you could if you wanted to.. but the end result is not going to be as delicious. I love Larry's Beans coffee, but I know it s a little pricey. Use what you want :)

2.) In a saucepan heat up some milk. This works with all but skim, skim doesn't have enough milk fat to foam correctly. With a whisk or a pair of beaters OR a whisk attachment for your beaters, beat the milk until it foams.

3.) In your coffee mug pour in enough chocolate syrup to coat the bottom of the cup.

4.) On top of this pour 1-1.5 oz of peppermint syrup of your choice

5.) Fill 3/4's of the way with coffee

6.) Pour in the milk

Now sip and enjoy this delicious treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment